“Fasting is the first principle of medicine; fast and see the strength of the spirit reveal itself.” – Rumi
My introduction to fasting came to me when I took part in a 10-day water fast 15 years ago. This was my initial inspiration for using fasting as a healing and healthy activity. My subsequent learning about fasting has come through my own experience which includes 10 years routine seasonal fasts. Moreover, in the last 7 years, I have held retreats to support people through their own fasting.
My personal and professional realization is that fasting encourages the body to heal and repair itself!
I am creating a retreat Centre opening 2021 where I will hold these fasting holidays. This, I am very excited about.
My fasting retreats will offer:
- Small groups so individual needs can be honoured.
- Comfortable outdoor living in our field and forest garden with dwelling in yurts and other low impact structures.
- Water or juice fasts depending on individual needs. They will also be at least 3-5 days as this period of time is necessary for the body to enter a different metabolic state (i.e. ketosis).
- A biophilic approach; recognizing that being part of a healthy natural environment is one of the best portals to our own nature and healing.
- I use a simple natural approach with an emphasis on nurture, where, yoga, sauna, and bodywork treatments are part of the daily routine. There are plenty of opportunities to rest and restore.
- You will be well supported and nurtured during this transformative time.
'The Transformational Power of Fasting - The Way to Spiritual, Physical, and Emotional Rejuvenation'